It’s Jefferson, here! Below is a guest post by my lovely fiancé (now wife), Alyssa Fenton (now Bethke). Man, I’m so thankful for this woman and thankful she prays for me. Hope this encourages you.
· And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;– Philippians 1: 9-10
Continuing the last piece I wrote on “The Greatest Thing You Can Do For the Men In Your Life”, and because of multiple requests, I wanted to share five specific things that the Lord has laid on my heart to pray for Jeff (and other important men in my life, like my dad, pastors, and friends.).
Obviously there are so many things you can pray for that are specific to the men in your life; by no means is this an exhaustive list! But my hope is that this will encourage and spur you on to pray for specific things regarding your guys’ hearts, minds and souls.
Here are five things that I regularly pray for Jeff:
1. He’d passionately love Jesus above all else, with all of His heart, mind, soul and strength & that he would be intimate with our Lord.
2. He’d walk in purity, integrity, & honesty.
3. He’d walk in humility.
4. He’d continue to be a light, persevering in passionately proclaiming Christ and making disciples.
5. He’d know, rest & rejoice in who he is ‘in Jesus.’ i.e. forgiven, new, loved, clean, blameless, washed, righteous, and spotless.
Believe has several articles available on marriage. Check out Jefferson Bethke’s other articles to support you on your walk with the Lord!