I met Kalynda (Sunnielynn) on January 1, 2013. I had just opened my profile (NinjaMedic) up for full viewing and messages, and I noticed that Kalynda had looked at my profile the day before. I sent her a ‘Smile,’ and then she immediately sent me one back in reply. I was on my way to the National Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport for the day, and I spent a majority of my day sending messages back and forth with her. I was excited to see and have someone sincerely interested in me. I would send a message, and wonder when or if she was going to reply. We messaged back and forth so much that my battery finally gave out on my phone. When I finally got to recharge it, we were back to messaging each other. We then moved on to IM’ing each other. We did that for about two or three days, and then I asked her for her phone number.

I heard her voice for the first time on or around the 10th of January. We kept talking and getting to know each other more and more, and then we started video chatting. We finally got to see each other through a video feed instead of pictures near the end of January or the beginning of February. I proposed a visit date to finally see her in person. Now, this is where it gets interesting. She lived in Maine, and I am stationed at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. I am originally from Oklahoma. I figured that it would be worth the trip to see her, since we were talking, and also to show that I was, in fact, who she was chatting with and messaging with on the camera. We initially planned for May of 2013, but that didn’t work out for us financially or with time, but I did get approval for a four-day weekend pass in June, so I went to go see her for the first time on Father’s Day weekend in June. I drove all morning and all day up to Maine; we met in the parking lot of the local grocery store. I drove up to her, and she looked over at me, and I rolled my window down, and smiled at her and said, “Hey there Beautiful!” I parked my car and we got out and we hugged. It was a very good four-day weekend, needless to say, getting to know her, her family, and going to church with her, her dad, and her grandparents, and as well as her sister and brother-in-law. When it was finally time to head back to Virginia, it was very emotional. We had connected. I knew from the moment that we had laid eyes on each other, after making that first trip, I was in love with her.

We planned a second trip almost as soon as I got back. We then planned for a two-week vacation period at the beginning of September. I was approved for leave from September 1-15, 2013. I drove up, and spent the most amazing two weeks with her up in Maine. We went and saw the sights, enjoyed what God has blessed us with, and just pretty much enjoyed each other’s company throughout the two weeks I was there. Before I went back up, I had purchased an engagement ring, and we went and got it sized for her. Luckily, we would be getting it back before I headed back to Virginia. We got the ring back on the 14th of September, and we then went to a local park in Portland that overlooked the ocean front.

In a secluded area, away from most of the people, I got on one knee and asked her to marry me. We initially tried to do an early May, late April wedding, but then we talked about it some more, and came up with an idea. She would come with me, to my parent’s house for Christmas. I bought her plane ticket, flew her to Washington D.C. and we drove from Fort Belvoir, VA to my parent’s house in Oklahoma. We had spent a lot of time in the car previously, so we knew that it would be great bonding time, and also the first major road trip together. She had never been that far west in her life, and to be able to do it with me; she was in heaven. We got married on December 23, 2013, and then celebrated Christmas together at my parent’s house. As we drove back to Fort Belvoir, we knew that it was going to be awhile before things would work out so that she would be able to move in. We were going to initially try and do a small wedding for her side of the family, but things just didn’t work out, and we talked it over together, and with her father, and came up with a plan to move her down with me on Valentine’s Day of 2014. On the 15th of February, her father and stepmother came by the house before sightseeing, and we exchanged vows in front of them. I put her ring on in front of them, and her father gave her away to me. We said a prayer all together, and her father said a prayer of blessings over us, and we are living in God’s light every day.

Not a day goes by that I am not thankful for God bringing her into my life when He knew I was ready. We are currently living on Fort Belvoir, Virginia, and she found a church that we are getting plugged in to. For the both of us, the key to making ChristianMingle work, was that we both had an open line of communication to each other. We weren’t quick to make a decision, and we both prayed together, on the phone or through the camera, and put God first in our relationship. I also knew she was meant for me when she felt comfortable praying with me, and she wasn’t afraid to pray first sometimes. I am thankful for Kalynda. She accepts me for all my faults and flaws, and is willing to put God first in our marriage. She is supportive of what I would like to do, and I am supportive of what she wants to do.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *