I’ve been thinking over the last few days about the difficulties of raising children — we all know how true that is — but also the rewards. The following are the top 10 reasons why I love being a mom. Hope you enjoy.
1. No matter how many times it happens, there is nothing sweeter than a 4-year-old giving you good morning hugs and kisses.
2. My dancing thoroughly embarrasses my teens.
3. EVERYTHING I do embarrasses my teens.
4. NOTHING I do embarrasses my four-year-old.
5. Karaoke in the family living room would not be near as fun — alone.
6. It is funny (and terrifying) to realize that teaching a teen to drive is not near as much fun as learning to drive when YOU were a teen.
7. Everything is new to four-year-olds. “Momma, why do we have a mouth? When am I gonna get bigger? Why are your ears shaped so funny?”
8. Even on my darkest, most exhausted day, I recognize my children are blessings from God.
9. We all turn into our parents. – “Don’t keep that refrigerator door open. Were you raised in a barn?” “Close the back door. We’re not cooling the whole neighborhood.” “Modest is hottest!” “If Johnny jumps off a bridge, are you gonna do it, too?”
10. One day, my children will be adults and I will get to watch them parent!
Author/Speaker, Jennifer Maggio, is considered one of the nation’s leading authorities on single parent issues. She is the critically-acclaimed author of two books – Overwhelmed: The Life of a Single Mom and The Church and the Single Mom. She has been featured on more than 100 radio and television shows. For more information, visit http://www.jennifermaggio.com.