Pair your New Year’s resolutions with Bible verses to start the New Year off right. Remind yourself that God is good – all the time.
Remembering that God is always with us and that His love for us is without end, can provide us with the strength we need to follow through on our resolutions, commitments and promises to ourselves.
Here is a sampling of inspirational verses that may help as you strive to start the New Year off right:
Strive to Have Your Actions Reflect Your Appreciation for All God Does in Your Life, and to Find Your Strength in Him …
1. What will I give to Yahweh for all his benefits toward me? —Psalms 116:12
2. I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. —Philipians 4:13
3. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? —Psalms 27:1
Give All Glory and Thanks to God Who Empowers You …
1. So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. —1 Corinthians 10:31
2. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. —1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Find Hope in God’s Promises as You Face the New Year …
1. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says Yahweh, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope and a future. —Jeremiah 29:11
2. This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and entering into that which is within the veil. —Hebrews 6:19
3. Those who fear you will see me and be glad, because I have put my hope in your word. —Psalms 119:74
4. Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, in the power of the Holy Spirit. —Romans 15:13
Celebrate the New You in the New Year …
1. Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old things have passed away. Behold, all things have become new. —2 Cornthians 5:17
2. That you put away, as concerning your former way of life, the old man, that grows corrupt after the lusts of deceit; and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and put on the new man, who in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of truth. —Ephesians 4:22-24
Learn From Your Past Mistakes …
1. For they indeed, for a few days, punished us as seemed good to them; but he for our profit, that we may be partakers of his holiness. All chastening seems for the present to be not joyous but grievous; yet afterward it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been exercised thereby. —Hebrews 12:10-11
Forgive – and Even Forget – the Past to Move Forward in Love, Compassion and Thanks …
1. Put on therefore, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, a heart of compassion, kindness, lowliness, humility, and perseverance, bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, if any man has a complaint against any; even as Christ forgave you, so you also do. Above all these things, walk in love, which is the bond of perfection And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. —Colossians 3:12-15
2. Brothers, I don’t regard myself as yet having taken hold, but one thing I do. Forgetting the things which are behind, and stretching forward to the things which are before, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. —Philipians 3:13-14
You might have a lot of other principles to apply or goals to achieve in 2014, but if you don’t ground them in the solid teachings of Scripture at your daily disposal, they’ll be rooted in sand instead of the solid Rock, which is Christ.