This is Day 6 of the 30 Days of Giving: Making Christmas Meaningful campaign, which is designed to bring the Believe.com community creative and practical ways to cheerfully give this holiday season through gifts, relationships and charity. Come visit the 30 Days of Giving Advent Calendar each day in our countdown to Christmas for intriguing and original ways to help you to experience and spread the spirit of joyful giving that God intended throughout the holiday season.
Christmas is the season to remember friends and remind them what they mean to you. The Word says: Ointment and perfume delight the heart, And the sweetness of a man’s friend gives delight by hearty counsel. —Proverbs 27:9
If you have a lot of friends to shop for this Christmas, it’s important to find special gifts that have meaning, but don’t go over budget. Celebrate the faithfulness and delight of your friends with any of these great gifts under $20.
1. Bath and Bodyworks 3 wick candles ($20) are offered in 78 scents, including Fresh Balsam, Winter, Vanilla Bean Noel and Bath and Bodyworks signature fragrances.
2. The Lug Clipper Flat Iron Case comes in a choice of 10 colors ($17). This handy case stores flat irons and secures their cords, making it perfect for ladies who travel a lot.
3. RedEnvelope’s Alice in Wonderland Valet Catchalls can be purchased in a set of three ($19.95). These catchalls organize personal items for a purse or trip.
4. A little reminder to be thankful for our blessings each and every day makes a wonder gift. The 2014 Bountiful Blessings Wall Calendar can do just that for $14.99.
5. “I Can Do All Things,” Philippians 4:13 Bracelet ($9.99) An oval medallion is studded with shimmering rhinestone trim; the 7″ bracelet stretches and is made of polished silver tone beads and your choice of black, pearl or crystal beads interspersed with circle heart medallions.
6. Give encouragement all year long with the Daily Spiritual Refreshment for Women Devotional $12.99.
7. Is he a fisherman? Get him the Angler’s mini tool. The Bass Pro mini tool 4” is just $9.95, or opt for the 6” for $12.95.
8. For hunters try the Rustic Ridge Long Sleeve T-Shirt. It comes in sizes small to extra-large for $15.99; XXL is $18.99.
9. Camo Trifold Wallet with Cross ($11.99) This camouflage tri-fold wallet features a cross emblem and is perfect for teens.
10. Bracelet for him: I Can Do All Things Titanium Bracelet ($13.99) Titanium Scripture sports bracelet with rubber clasp and trim. The Scripture is woven into the band of the bracelet.
11. Strong and Courageous Micro Screwdriver set ($3.99) This is a big gift with a small price tag. The six-piece precision screwdriver set comes in a durable case with Christian sentiment: Be Strong and Courageous and Scripture God is with you Joshua 1:9. The set includes four flathead screwdrivers and two Phillips screwdrivers. With the small price, you can add a tumbler, key chain, mug or other item from the Strong and Courageous gift series.
12. If he’s a fan of the show, get him the 2014 Duck Dynasty 16-Month Calendar for $12.99.
For Him or Her
13. Scripture Mug ($9.99-$12.99) Choose from small and large mugs, travel mugs or mugs with spoons. Assorted mugs have scriptures to help friends witness at work, and keep God’s goodness in mind each day.
14. Get a coffee warmer for those who love to start the day with a warm cup of Joe. ($9.99-$15.99)
15. More for coffee lovers: Starbucks coffee sampler ($19.95)
16. Help your friends stay organized with a 2014 Weekly/Monthly Planner. ($16.95)
17. Sports team T-shirts for women and men ($9.99-19.99) Whether it is baseball, soccer, football or NASCAR, you can find a T-shirt here for any fan.
18. Psalms and Proverbs for Commuters ($12.99)
20. Christian journal The Word of God Is Living ($14.99) This journal has 192 pages, each with suggested readings from the New Testament. Each page has a heading of the suggested verses on a blank page, so that the reader can write down thoughts and prayers connected to the daily New Testament verses.
So instead of just giving them a Christmas card or a gift certificate this Christmas, do a little extra for that special friend in your life this year and show them how much you care by putting a little thought and love into their gift.